How to connect your Tablet to a personal hotspot
If you find yourself at a location without wifi, the easiest solution is to use a personal hotspot on your iPhone or Android smartphone device. This allows the tablet to gain access to the internet, so you can always complete an assessment as long as you have a smartphone with you.
Steps for iPhone:
- Launch the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Tap on Personal Hotspot.
- Tap on the toggle to turn Personal Hotspot On.
- Create a password for your personal hotspot in the password field. This prevents unauthorized users from using your iPhone's data.
- On your iPad, launch the Settings app.
- Tap on Wi-Fi.
- Join your iPhone's network like you would any other wifi network. The network name will be the name of your iPhone. Instead of wifi bars, you should see an interlink icon next to it, which makes it easier to pick out from other wifi networks.
Steps for Google Pixel:
- On your Pixel, go to Notification Settings, by swiping down on the Home screen.
- In the top right corner of the screen, select on Settings.
- Browse for Tethering and Wi-Fi hotspot and select it.
- Then select on Mobile Hotspot.
- Change the On/Off toggle to On.
- Select OK on the Attention screen advising you that WiFi will be turned off.
- Follow the directions at the bottom of the screen to connect another device to your Pixel and Pixel XL.
It’s important to note that some data plans don’t offer mobile hotspots unless without upgrading services. If you're having trouble connecting to a Mobile Hotspot, we recommended that you contact your wireless carrier for further assistance.